2018 was a banner year in attendance despite of the weather! It is a pleasure to celebrate our neighborhoods and support our community. Because of you and our Sponsors we are able to gift $10,000 back to our community. Please join us in celebrating these non-profit organizations MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Shoes 4 the Shoeless, Inc. is a local non-profit that provides new, correctly fitting gym shoes and socks to Dayton area children in desperate need. Through a uniquely efficient and effective system, we help children eliminate one of poverty’s most visible stigmas.
In Montgomery County, 40.9% of children live in poverty. The majority of them are in desperate need of shoes and socks. Wearing ill-fitting and worn shoes often condemns children to physical, social and emotional problems that last a lifetime. Shoes 4 the Shoeless began in 2010 and has already helped thousands of children in our community.
MISSION: To provide comfort and support to youth orphaned by mental, emotional, and behavioral challenges.
VISION: A place to call home for youth orphaned by mental, emotional, and behavioral challenges.
- No child should feel alone and forgotten.
- Every child deserves the comforts of home.
- Promises are made to be kept.
- Magic happens when communities come together and care.
Objective: To provide a welcoming place for youth and adults to care for and nurture one another and the environment through the media of art and music.
- Provide a safe and welcoming place for youth and adults tointeract
- Practice and encourage sustainable and ecologically sensitive consumerisum
- Engage youth and adults cooperatively in exploring artistic expression
- Participate in community service and social activism
- Share the love of Christ in authentic ways that build bridges between the community and the Church
First Place Food Pantry
First Place Food Pantry started as a small outreach of First United Methodist Church in Troy, Ohio in 2002
It is now a free standing 501c3 organization serving Troy (45373) and Casstown (45312), Ohio. The Pantry is located at 721 Lincoln Ave. Troy, Ohio. For hours contact: 937-335-2826. Mail donations to: First Place Food Pantry 110 West Franklin St. Troy, Ohio 45373
First Place- served 18,225 persons in 2017.
COMMUNITY PARTNER CONTRIBUTIONS
We we also distributed $5,000 between our Community Partners
Tipp Monroe Cable Access Commission
Miami County Master Gardners
Boy Scout Troop #395